Monday 22 August 2016

Buffering

I'm working on this spreadsheet to make sizing patterns easier, because currently it's the part of the process that makes me feel like poking my eyes out.  I have a theory that if I do it all at the start I'll enjoy the entire process more because I won't have to deal with the sizing after the fun of knitting is over and I won't have to stop knitting to figure out the next step.

My husband asked why that part mattered, why it would be frustrating to need to stop and work out the next part.  I couldn't put my finger on it at first but I've been thinking about it and I think I know what it is.  It's like sitting down to watch a video on the internet but it keeps buffering and you can't just sit an enjoy it, and with little kids that mean I can't just sit down and do some math those interruptions until I can knit again can seem really long.  I think it's just the stage they're at, and they're delightful, but I think this will make me enjoy my next few projects more.

I finally got all the raglan increases dealt with in the chart, there's was a silly math mistake that took me forever to catch.  That's the hardest part done, which is really exciting because I really, really want to knit the sweater I'm planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment