Tuesday 3 February 2015

Twisted and Lovely

I got home from the yarn shop with my lovely, but expensive, ball of yarn a little while ago and pulled up Ravelry to figure out what to do with it.  I love that you can search based on guage and yardage, and I also really like the fact that you can look up a yarn and see patterns that other people have made with the same yarn.  I only had one ball, and planned to make a hat.  I originally wanted a cowl but didn't think I would have enough yarn until I came across this pattern.  I was sure I'd have enough and loved it so I cast it on.

It took me a couple of tries to get the mobius cast on (the pattern contains a link to a tutorial by Cat Bordhi), butthen it was super-quick.  I did the larger size, although the smaller size would have been fine too, and added an extra 6 rounds to make it cozier.  (This decision was made after I was most of the way through and had the chance to do some math after weighing what I had left).  I LOVE it.  I have a bit of yarn left over and it's probably enough to make a headbank but at the moment I have a pair of mittens that I really want to have done (I don't actually want to knit them, they're annoying me at the moment, not for any good reason, they're just not the funnest thing I can think of to knit).  I am showing great restraint in actually working on the mittens.  I would like them done by the end of the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment