Friday 27 March 2015

Looking at what's next

I've been so focused on getting ready for the baby that it's snuck up on me; I'm almost done the blanket but don't have my next interesting project lined up.  I've been trying to figure out what it should be.  Last year I made a winter sweater for Caleb that I absolutely love and I want to make sweaters for both of the kids this winter.  (It feels really really weird to write "both of the kids.")  I also need to make the baby a Christmas stocking but want to wait until it's been born so I can pick the yarn (I really like the idea of violet but think it's a tad girly if we're having another boy).

I have leftover yarn from the blanket and could use it up by making a matching hat and booties but, that's just not captivating me.

A really good friend just bought the yarn for Bonny which I absolutely love to no end and would really really like to make that but am not sure about it for several reasons.  The first is that we're in the same place enough that it's really likely we'd end up wearing it at the same time and I'm not sure how ridiculous that would look.  The second is that I'm having a baby in May and while I can certainly estimate my eventual bust size (they returned to their pre-baby size eventually with Caleb) I probably wouldn't fit in it this summer.  There's no point in putting so much work into something I won't be able to wear for a while and it would be absolutely heartbreaking to guess the wrong size soooo.... it's going in the queue.  I do really really love it though.  Perhaps I will make it next winter.

I still have no idea what interesting pattern I'd like to make next.

No comments:

Post a Comment