Wednesday 25 March 2015

Getting there

Suddenly all of the squares are done and twenty of them have their ends woven in.  Weaving in the ends of the remaining five and blocking the squares seems like a very approachable next step.  Then comes crochet which I'm sure I'll be able to figure out with youtube and a friend.  I'm really happy  that this is coming together because time is flying and there are a bunch of things I want to get done before the baby arrives.

I've hauled out all of Caleb's old clothes and am sorting them for size, each size has two piles: boy and gender neutral (we're having a surprise).  I didn't realize how hard it would be to sort them.  Some of them can obviously be used for any child, the solid colour onesies, jeans and overalls are all easy.  Some of the pieces are definitely boy.  Anything that says "cool boy" or "little boy racer" easily fall into that camp, although if there was some sort of laundry emergency I would totally pull them out for a girl without a second thought.

Other garments I pull out and think that they'd be fine for a girl or a boy depending on what they're paired with, a headband or skirt goes a long way to making a top or onesie we'd traditionally define as masculine really cute on a little girl.  Then there are the other ones.  There are pieces of clothing that I pull out and ask myself "would I really put a girl in that?"  There's a firetruck sweater I love, and there are totally female firefighters, but still, it just makes me think boy.  Yet I maintain that all of the blue PJs with airplanes are definitely gender-neutral (I like airplanes and I'm a woman and the sky is blue, done deal).

Just in case you were wondering what I've been thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment