Sunday 4 January 2015

Restless

There has been freezing rain most of the day so our plans were cancelled (although the alarm went off, so we still got up and got ready before looking outside and seeing the beautiful but rather unsafe ice-world outside and checking my phone).  It really is for the best, unnecessary driving in this weather is unwise, but at the same time I'm going absolutely stir-crazy.  The worst part is it's the perfect type of day to curl up with a cup of tea or hot chocolate and knit but I just can't.  As lovely as our house is, I would just like to get out of it.

I don't know where I want to go or what I want to do, which I should probably figure out as my mother has offered to come and get Caleb and I and take us somewhere tomorrow, which is fantastic. (Although it does nothing for my sense of cabin fever today).

I did finally measure my blanket, it is about 3.5 feet which means I have two more rounds until I hit the 4.5 feet square I am aiming more.  I had a thought today that it was so delightful I might make it 5 feet square but that's probably just a passing moment of insanity.  I am charmed by it though.

I've been spending the second part of Caleb's nap working on our yearly picture album.  I make one a year, online with Shutterfly.  I'm really not the scrap-booking sort but I would like our kids to have pictures they can look back on and so this is my way of doing that.  I also like the fact that the templates make me look like I'm the scrap-booking sort, and that this means I don't actually have to sort out the crafting aspect of it.  That might sound strange, as I'm normally quite crafty but using precious crafting time to make photo books is not my thing, I'd rather use it for the crafts I love.  (If scrapbooking is one of the crafts you love then using your crafting time to do that is totally great, for some reason mine always look like a 5 year old who can't cut straight made them).  

I just have the past two months to do, I'm already at about 45 pages.  

No comments:

Post a Comment