Thursday 8 January 2015

2014

Normally I'm not one for new year's resolutions.  There's nothing I find magical about January 1st that makes me more likely to fulfil new goals if I start on that date, and it mostly seems like something that's hyped up by diet companies and gyms.  I'm normally pretty good about setting goals when things matter to me, and that rarely has anything to do with the time of year.

However, I wanted to get some things together about my knitting sales, and since taxes are filed based on the calendar year it seemed like a good time to look back at the year and evaluate things for this year.

I certainly haven't made a ton of money selling patterns but I am so proud of the fact that my patterns are out there, and that I have made sales.  For the longest time having some sort of business of my own was something that I dreamt about, and now that's a reality.  Sometimes it's tempting for us to minimize our accomplishments, especially when those accomplishments are a start to a larger dream, but there's a verse in the Bible that I love, that says "Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin" (Zec 4:10, NLT).  There is something so good about that.  Starting can be so hard, and to have finished patterns, published them, and had sales is something I am very very proud of.

This year I want to continue to publish patterns and blog.  I also want to increase sales as well as blog traffic.  I went through last night and wrote out some steps towards seeing those things happen.  I've designated some of them for this month, some of them for February, and the rest I will re-visit later.  January's tasks have been each allocated to a particular week, and each week is doable.  (This is the real key, no sense is making goals impossible right off the bat).

I'm really really happy with how far I came last year, and I'm excited about this one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment