Monday 18 August 2014

A never ending blanket and some charts

I still love the blanket.  I thought maybe I would get bored, it is entirely garter stitch, after all.  Perhaps I will get bored eventually but not yet, right now I love it.  I love picking a new colour when my yarn runs out.  I love trying to figure out how far I'll get before my current ball runs out.  I love trying to figure out which yarn to use next and changing my mind.  I love how you can really see how colours play off one another when you cover up parts of the blanket and just look at two yarns side by side and how one of those yarns can look completely different beside a different yarn.

I have been diligently working on the charts for the patterns I want to get done. I've been spending much more than 10 minutes a day on it, but I've finally figured out how I want them to look so my progress has sped up considerably, I expect the subsequent charts will go much more quickly than this one.

Eating ice cream makes working on charts much more enjoyable.  I have finished my housework for the day (except the laundry, but that's in the machine and it's not at a stage that needs my attention) so I will eat ice cream and work on charts.


No comments:

Post a Comment