Monday 10 March 2014

This calls for ice cream

It's halfway through Caleb's second nap, and I've got the homemade applesauce in the slow cooker, the laundry is in the dryer, and I've made all the phone calls on my to do list, which normally would mean I have time to knit and relax for a little bit.  I thought about that and smiled to myself and went to get the lovely sweater I'm making him, at which point I made a sad realization.

My knitting bag is currently in his room.

I could go get him, but that would wake him up, which (besides being a bad idea because he needs his nap) would completely rule out knitting anyways.

I figured I would work on the thrum mittens then, this could be good for me, it could be an opportunity to finish them.  It would be great.  They're a little thinner than I expected but I've kept going, convinced they'll be fine.

I just tried to put my hand in them, they definitely need to be bigger (in a I-can't-get-my-hand-all-the-way-in sort of way), which is just not something I can deal with right now without being tempted to cut the beautiful yarn and roving into lots and lots of little pieces.  Also, it will be easier to knit them when I can leave the little piles of roving in their colour gradient somewhere without constantly having to put them away for a showing.  So they have been officially retired until we get our house.  (Despite the fact that they're really stunning, they may be the mittens who were not to be.)


No comments:

Post a Comment