Thursday 6 March 2014

Giving In

I've finished the hands of both thrum mittens, they only need the thumbs.  They're really pretty and I'm pleased about how they're turning out.


I also have this.


I don't know what it is about the mittens but I just want to knit everything else.  I'm normally really good at finishing what I start.  I normally absolutely love mittens.  Somehow this feels like a chore and I don't know why.  They're pretty, I want the end product, they're even a quick knit (there are only 36 stitches per round), but for whatever reason they're just not captivating me.

Caleb's sweater is started, as you can see.  I love the colour and it will look really great on him.  I've done enough research about sizes that I'm reasonably sure this is the right size (I'm aiming for it to fit him throughout next winter), but I keep worrying that it will either be too big or two small and only fit him during the summer.  It should be fine though, he's right around the 50th percentile for weight and height and the measurements I've found online seem reasonable.

I also have plans for a coordinating hat plus a tea cozy made out of the leftover grey yarn.  Currently most of my yarn is in storage so for the next little while there will be an abundance of items knitted out of the same yarn (Berroco Comfort DK) which is fine, I like the yarn and I like the projects I have planned.

I really will finish those mittens one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment