Thursday 25 June 2015

I will finish what I start

One of my favourite things to knit is sweaters.  I don't know why I find them so particularly satisfying.  It might be the combination of being a bigger project with being something that gets taken around and everyone gets to see (unlike, say, an afghan).  In any event I have plans to make at least three sweaters this year, two for Ada and one for Caleb.  Ada gets two because she'll grow out of the first one before winter's over.

I was thinking I might be able to use yarn in the stash for one of her sweaters, which is significant because my stash is leftovers, I never just happen to have project-quantities of stuff sitting around.  This is mostly due to limited storage and a budget that's enough for me to make everything I want but not much more so I'm pretty careful to buy yarn as I need it, otherwise I'd end up wanting to make something but only having yarn that doesn't work for that particular project.

In any event I checked the stash and have enough for both of her sweaters.  I've started designing them and am about to swatch and it's all I can do to keep working on the stocking, which I am pretty enchanted by, but there's that siren song of starting something new that keeps calling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment